Saturday, April 30, 2011

Air india flight AI 656





Completing by client visit, i was scheduled to return back to Mumbai from cochin.

Though by travel was domestic, my flight was international.

The flight was a special flight by Indian airlines and destined to reach UAE via Mumbai. Infact my company booked this as this was the cheapest option avialble then. I had to give handover to my colleague, and so i thought why not give it on the day i have to fly. Since i had whole day with me. We started our sessions and it was like taking a hell lot of time. And finally as it happens always wid me before every travel, i was running short of time to reach airport. Although i knew i will make it up, as i have never missed train in my life, juz like kareena kapoor ka “JAB WE MET”. I left the customer premises at 1600 hours, well now i had enough time to make it to airport via hotel. I started off to reach hotel Excellency, it took me half an hour from the site. And then i remembered that yes, before leaving this place i need to clear up all the pending bills. Never mind, i had enough time. I made all the payments and str

ated check out procedure. I got an unexpected call from my Mumbai collegue and he asked to leave the laptop at hotel as he was coming there, this urged the need to data transfer. I had to transfer around 6 gb of data to my portable harddisk. I hurriedly started the process. I had company of my other collegues and friends already to disturb me in this situation. I was accompanied by a senior with me, who had to catch up the same flight. He was the most worried person as if he is the only in on this planet scheduled to fly before the world ends and it was 13t December 2012.

Finally i was done and we left the hotel. We had hotel cab and some girls for company, ofcourse my office mates to be droped on the way to airport. Hurriedly we occupied our seats and the cab started. THAT was the time i remembered i didn’t had taken the printout of tickets. FUCK was the call and i got tensed. i immediately grabed my data card to opend my comapany’s email id. I mailed it to my gmail account and was searching for internet cafe. I had to take printout asap. I aked the cab driver to check for some cafe. Then i remembered that i had a friend at cochin who can help me out, i called him up and he was sitting at his office. I called him up, forwarded him mail and asked him to get a printout and come at the place where i was goin to drop females with us. The meeting of print out handover was a big square, right was airport and we crosses the signal and waited for my friend. I called him up and alias in this time of hurry he was standing at diagonally opposite end of the square. I got out of the cab and ran towards him, i did not was to miss the flight anyhow and bare the ticked money, on top of that my boss would have kicked me out. I ran like shahrukh khan of kuch kuch hota hai, to catch him. Finally i got him. Snatched the printout of my friends hand and ran towards the cab, bye bye to girls and we rushed towards the airport.

In all this drama, we realized that we didn’t had food. We stopped for a while and had famous banana chips of kerla. We reached airport just in time. Although a domesict fligh, we had to catch it up from cochin international airport. Airport was fantastic treat to eyes, far better than Mumbai international airport. We checked in to find that flight was delayed by 4 hours.We had a real hard time to kill. We watched the mallu movie shown at airport. I was fantasizing about the brave director who directed it. That's how i was looking at airport.

Finally the flight arrived and we started to board. Occupying a window seat i tried to rest back to find the lever welded out. Cushions repaired, overall the flight looked like being not used since years. The food tray was not sticking up. I was so frightened that i thought this to be my last flight. We i somehow enjoyed the flight with fear on back of my mind. I was playing

with

the knob to hold the food tray, i even hanged my boarding pass there. Yes, the same boarding pass that i m carrying with me in my hand in the snap above. We landed Mumbai airport. Ahhh.. what a feeling, as i had bad time at cochin, specially this hectic journey. But this was not he end. We had landed international airport. We passed through security checks after landing and the gaurd there then demanded for boarding pass. Fuck, where’s the pass. I checked by baggage, all pockets, bad i had a cargo with 10 pockets. I was looking fool searching alone until i had a comapnay, 1 more foreigner din had the pass .

We both looked in each other;s eyes and to gaurd. The foreigner searched hard and he found his. I was the alone traveller who din had boarding pass. All this bomb blast season forced the security gaurds at there best. He called up his seniors and they decied to check the manifest of the flight. My seniors already started to curse me. He was newly married and had his wife waiting for him in bed.I asked him to go ahead n go home as this would take time, Moron really left leaving me in despair. I stared to converse and convince the gaurd. She was a Marathi female. I started in Marathi. After all Mumbai was a city of Thakre’s. And i took the Raj thakre advantage. I told her about my identity. Showed her my pan card, driving license. Finally she let me go. Akhir baat karne se hi toh baat banti hai. This added to half hours delay.

I reached the baggage counter. I found my senior there still waiting for baggage. The baggage was not yet put on belts, reason being the airport athorites were waiting for some belt to get free. We had another half hours wait making our total dealy to 6 hours.

I remembered the rush we had to catch a delayed flight with delayed baggage with lost boarding card all the way coming to pune from the airport. To get a moral from this, start early when u have to travel n always check for tickets. You must be thinking why i m repeating this when we all know this very well n grown up. This is because this can happen with anyone of us anytime.

No comments: