Thursday, September 11, 2008

Heart Shocker..!!

Guys,
its more than a month now for me at tech Mahindra. Now i am much familiar with the colors of walls here, with the paint of furniture, my desktop (though its v. slow),canteen, cafeteria and ofcourse my cubicles mates. On back of me sits Saumil shete (a typical gujrati and similar to Amar shete at arrk) making our seats back to back and in front of Saumil sits Payal. The arrangements makes Payal to see my desktop from her place. Payal joined techM as fresher (referred as ITP'ians here) almost 2 years back. As far as i know her, she is talkative but not more. She works as a business analyst here.
It was a routine morning of 10th September 2008. i had a good nap in vashi-chandivali bus route to office and so was fresh. I had breakfast before reaching my cubicle located on 6th floor.
 Everything was in place and very normal. I logged on to my PC started checking mails, logged in 
messenger and started off with the days work. Today i was anticipately waiting for few mails. 
They were abt the exam results of two test which i underwent yesterday. They were "TechMahindra internal Security Awareness Test" and "Process Level 1" (these test's are mandatory for all employees joining here) These two exams i had taken on at my desk only which belonged to ISG (Internal Security Group) and had a 2 hours duration each. i had reference material with me and so could look up into those for help. i took help of saumil and payal also to solve some questions. i clicked Send/receive and the all mails popped up. The result were out and i had scored 64% in security awareness and 80% in process level 1 exam. But not to my expectations’, the passing percentage was varying for both the exams. I scored 64% whose passing was 80% and scored 80% whose passing was 60%.
It meant that i had failed in security awareness exam. Failing in exam was never new to me. I also do not get tired of giving repetitive exams. I also heard that there are more attempts’ for the exam to go, but then a mail popped up. Putting up shivers all over me. I was scared, frighten. The sense of fear gripped all over my body. My thumb went numb. The mail details were :

From : violation@techmahindra.com
Sub : Attempts exceeded for Security Awareness Test
Body : The ISG has concluded you to be an inadequate employee for not clearing the Security
test in one attempt. This will have a bad impact on your appraisal. 
Next will be your last attempt before your termination of the job. Have a great day & learn to work hard.

I could immediately sense the fear of job lost. “What the F? Again?" came out of me at once. I worriedly called up my bro, Niks, who also works for TechMahindra and sits in pune office. 
I forwarded him the mail. He was startled. I asked him the seriousness behind this. He said last year, many attempts were allowed, they might have made it strict. Its serious. I looked around. Moved slowly to loo, thousands of thoughts moving in my mind. i walked to Rajnikant (My colleague) desk. He scolded me, stating "Who told you to give exam all alone? you should have taken up few people with you..!!" Later he clamed down and to ease me, said , "Tension Nakko..!!"
I came back to my desk, sat and turned around. Saumil and payal were working together. (They usually do so), they looked busy but i intervened, "Saumil, mujhe dhamki bhara mail aaya hai.." i narrated the story. Saumil replied "Tension mat le.. ek aur attempt hai na" Payal poked up "Saumil bahut cool hai, tumhara job jayega toh bhi yehi bolega, tension mat lo, doosra job mil jayega..!!"
I was at no time at ease. My brain retrograde. I looked anxiously at payal. She asked, "Who else you told this?" my reply was "i m thinking of dropping a mail to PM, he might help me out somehow" Saumil said, we have an implementation with which we could send mail, that time i tried to crack a joke in serious situation, juz to ease myself, "Shall we send the mail to ISG stating that you have sent a heart shocker mail to a sincere employee..!!" But till i finish the whole story got flashed on mind in seconds. The Mail was FAKE. Guys the mail was a FAKE mail. It was done by none other than Payal, She had a loud laugh and we all followed her laughter making a big noise. That point of time, no body in whole Premises might felt as relived as i did. Stone thrown in air comes down is very true. I did similar prank with others sometimes back on April fool day at arrk and now it was my turn.

Girl squared in yellow is payal.




2 comments:

Omkar said...

Ha ha ha ... Tooo good ! ...Dude, u got a taste of your own medicine! Hats off to Payal !.....Man!...She is just too good!....I mean, think of this...."SWAPNIL TAYADE!....THE COOLEST GUY ON EARTH...A GUY WHO CAN NEVER BE AFRAID OF ANYTHING OR GET PANICKED .... HAD THIS VERY HUMAN CHILL GOING DOWN HIS SPINE!!!!" ....i salute and appreciate payal and your other colleagues, for their sense of humor, friendlyness. You have really got another nice group yaar. You must be njoying !....sahi hai!....post some more of such incidents and events!...waiting to read more such stories!

And yes...is Payal single ? ...he he he he....just kidding!!!! Don't mind !

Pal said...

i didnt know of this one...this is truely awesome...good way of taking someone's case :D