Friday, July 11, 2008

The Ring Effect

The waves of Nagaon beach were still fresh in my minds and also the discussion which happend post dinner. One more game was out to play on and i tell you i hated this one like anything only because it gave the person standing right in front of you a chance to dig up deep on your weaker areas straight and directly. Intresting thing is that everybody knows his/her weekpoints. But feels bad about those when it falls on his ears with no voice of his own. In my case it was carrier. After coming back from picnic, when everybody else was getting fast back to their normal track, i was thinking of something else. The words of Sunil bowed deep in my heart. I thought for a moment that why always me in any sort of trap. Now what is this trap? Trap means incappabilities to overcome certain situation. What situation though ? Situation was the urge of time to move out of ****, I called Rash (Rashmi) and told her the situation and asked her solution to cope up with this. She smsed me back, "Dont' worry Swap, everybody is sailing in the same boat." but i was far beyond these convincing words. It was 1st May 2008, i in desperate mood opened up ms word and started keying the real facts, discussed in picnic about me. I needed a change, i needed a break from ****, But whose gonna give me that. There must be someone who has to come to my rescue. But who? Many of you would say ... Its no one but me / myself. But that's not true. You mean to say that i should start studing and crack interview calls and just do it as impossible is nothing. But if this was the case, then probably i would have seperated from **** long back.
So who will pull me out of this trance. In such a senario, most of us would ask the AllMighthy / GOD to come to rescue. I did the same thing but in an abrupt manner. I called my Mom and told her insane "Mom, Nothing great going on in LIFE, i am bored off this routine, only thing when i feel best is when i chill out with my friends, after that, all is same. Please try out some jyothish vidya stuff and check where my furutre lies." While talking on phone my eye catch the attention of ring on my ring finger (Apollo finger / 3rd finger), i continued on phone, "Hey Mom, i am wearing this ring since 1 st year of my engineering. it must have fadded in showing effects now. i wanna change this....." Mom's reply was affirmative and she immediately consulted a new jyotish and he suggested a new ring with RUBY (manik) stone. 10 days later i had it with me. A new sparking red ruby stone in my ring finger. I replaced the old one Red CORAL (moonga) with this new ring. Actually i dumbed the moonga ring.
I was the best in energy level since then, all psychologycal effect may be. After that i got some new work also. I did it quick in no time but nevertheless that was something i never expected to get wrong. The code bugged out and i was fallen prey for the act. Firing mails imediately exchanged between my bosses and i just looked at the ring. I was in a fix. Same night around 10, I informed Mom about the insidence. She asked me to cool down and this has nothing to do with The Ring Effect. Okay, i had to cool it down.
Things moved gradually... till the time came for me to depart. i.e. the 30th May 2008. Some call it black friday, others just couldn't say anything. All were stunned, all on ground zero.
Organisation was to be restructured and so they wanted 30 employess to make 30th May as their last day. Now what ? Was the next question. Just before that, Am i the one to go out? Was the second next question. The procedings for the same started and everybody was thinking if his own ass is safe or not ! I called Rash, i told her abt the situation and asked her opinion abt me, if i am on the list or not? She replied . "Tera naam hona toh nahi chahiye...." i got the answer. She meant that my name is on the list.

FUCK !! Is It me !! the answer was no..!! not yet..!!
Another list was to come in a month's time and there had to be my name for sure.
Now what, whom to blame, ****, to whom i owe almost everything, right from my underwear to my sunglasses? To Me, as i wasn't able to make justice to myself ? To the Dot Net Team, who were not able to move out past one and half year? Or to the Ring which i recently exchanged ? I again looked back with anger this time. Called Dad, Mom and told them about what happended. Poor parents had enough to back me in the crises situation, But things were beyond manipulation.



Deserted look of the empty bus after 30th May 2008.

Friday night, i beleive most of us couldn't sleep. That night tension kept me awake till almost the wee hours of morning. A flood of thoughts and images swam in my mind. I looked skywards into the rotating ceiling fan and felt like my own life is moving round and round, as mumndanely as the fan. Next 2 days i had rest considering weekend and took up with studies from monday morning. Meantime i was in regular touch with parents and asked Mom to clarify on the ring effect. On friday of the very week, Dad confirmed from his collegue cum jyothish that i should immediately put on the ring (moonga)which i dumbed. But this has to be done only on sunday before the sunrise.
I did the same, i woke up that sunday, befor sunrise i took bath and again exchanged the rings well befor the sunrise as told by jyotish, my Dad's collegue. But this time i did not dumbed the ruby ring, instead shifted that to left hand ring finger (3rd finger).
What a effect then, i couldnt belive myself what followed next. Amazing energy, amazing power, confidence so high just as Manmohan Singh has in presence of Sonia. With this ultimate power, i cracked TCS interview throughly. A perfect technical followed by superb management round and a soothing HR as the last round. Very soon Tech Mahindra in the next weeks.
Is this not intersting ? But again i tell you, to beleive it or not soley depends on individuals personality. Beleive it or not, i am still waiting for TCS offer letter up to date. :)

2 comments:

Omkar said...

Hi swapnil.....
Its surprising to read such an article from you....reason ?....well, the language and the presentation,...for me it seems, to be as if i was reading something wrote by professional writer or author....and i know the secret also !
n e ways....nice to find such a post from you. But being a very normal and selfish guy,....like i am after all these years, ...i read u r article just to know if you wrote anything nice about me. But it was reliving to know that this time i was not the only one to be missed out in u r blog,....but others also. I say this since generally, i have never made it to your events...like photos especially. Well hats off to you !
and congratulations...!!!
....one thing i would like to point out here to the readers.....
The ring carries a stone within.....
but it has got no powers of its OWN to motivate or influence the MBT or TCS interviewers.....one thing to be noted is.....its the psychological mind of Swapnil that helped him.
You might wonder how ?....this is because swapnil has not mentioned the exact efforts and pain he took
After he was layed off....he studied hard on his own....prepared for the exam on his own,...strategically prepared his resume...gave interviews at several places. And as you know, sincere and hard efforts are always paid the best. Amar got the job first ....but that was dirt cheap! ...pls don't mind amar. I think i must SWAPNIL got job first since that was not dirt cheap...there were efforts from swapnil behind it. He did not Cajol his ring every minute, or spend thousands on it just to turn his luck....he took efforts and that is more imortant.

one advice for swapnil....may b the efforts u took were an side effect of ring....but then in this post ....u r giving all the credit to the ring....u must give credit to u r self also....comeon yaar ! ...i hope u get it...this is 'coz later on in life u will be accustomed to give credits to petty other things and not u r self...so if u agree with me then please follow me!

Chal all the best! ....and u know u owe me something ! ....something that i told u when u said GOODBYE to **** ! ;)

Aditya Dhage said...

Hmm...quite surprizing, never knew u can write so much, or I should say I never knew u can think so much...!

Never felt like I'm reading something written by the Swapnil, a person I know since late 90's.

Keep writing buddy....& all d best for all ur future blogs.